- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Kenneth R. Brown
Kenneth R. Brown, 74, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, May 2, 2009, at his home.
He was born Sept. 28, 1934, in Cypress, Ill., son of Jess Eugene and Daisy M. Davis Brown. He and Carol Pippins Brown were married Nov. 24, 1956, in Corinth, Miss.
He was employed by Pepsi-Midwest of Marion, Ill., as a route salesman. Mr. Brown attended LaCroix United Methodist Church.
He is survived by his wife; a daughter, Kim (Byron) Terrell of Katy, Texas; three sons, Steve R. (Mary Ann) Brown of Marion, Ill., Greg M. (Judy) Brown of Austin, Texas, Doug K. Brown of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Irene Brown of Granite City, Ill.; nine grandchildren; a great-grandchild; and special pets, Cricket and Snickers.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at LaCroix United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Ron Watts officiating.
Burial will be in Vienna Fraternal Cemetery, in Vienna, Ill.
Memorials may be made to Southeast Missouri Hospital Hospice, 10 Doctors' Park, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703.