- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Dorothy L. Menz, 78, died Saturday, May 2, 2009, at Landmark Hospital in Cape Girardeau. She was born Nov. 30, 1930, the daughter of John and Mary Annie Sadler Gramlisch. She married John Menz on Jan. 13, 1947.
She was a retired assembly line worker for Roeper Corp. in Bradley, Ill., and a member of First Assembly of God in Chaffee, Mo.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Jay Menz, of Chaffee; two daughters, Shirley Barber and Elizabeth Williams, both of Chaffee; three brothers, Johnnie Gramlisch of Chaffee, Billy Gramlisch of Delta, Mo., Lester Gramlisch of Chaffee; three sisters, Emma Hanlon and Mary Stoffregen, both of Delta, and Edna Crowden of Allenville, Mo.; six grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; and six great-great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son, three grandchildren, four brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jack Owens officiating.
Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee.