- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Lela B. Loiseau
Lela B. Loiseau
Lela B. Loiseau, 103, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, April 30, 2009, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 13, 1905, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Vince and Martha Kelly Chapman. She and Herman Loiseau were married Jan. 19, 1955, in Springfield, Ill. He died Sept. 15, 2005.
She was the owner/operator of an IGA store for 26 years in East St. Louis, Ill. She moved to Fredericktown, Mo., in 1976 and to Cape Girardeau in 2002.
She attended New Prospect Missionary Baptist Church in Silva, Mo., and belonged to Eastern Star, Rob Morris Chapter in Belleville, Ill. She was a past president of the East St. Louis PTA and of VFW Ladies Auxiliary Post No. 192 in Fredericktown.
Survivors include a daughter, Clara (Charles) Ellinghouse of Cape Girardeau; four grandchildren, Christina Ellinghouse, Amber Ellinghouse, Daniel Ellinghouse and Gabriel Ellinghouse; and four great-grandchildren, Lucas Batchelor, Clay Batchelor, Sarah Batchelor and Christian Ellinghouse.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; a son, Jack Aitken; a grandchild, Jason Ellinghouse; a great-grandchild, Benjamin Batchelor; three brothers; and four sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Services will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Scott Moon officiating.
Burial will be at Marcus Memorial Park Cemetery in Fredericktown.
Memorials may be made to New Prospect Baptist Church in Silva.