- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
August M. Sticht Jr.
August M. Sticht Jr.
ALTENBURG, Mo. -- August M. Sticht Jr., 70, of Altenburg died Saturday, May 2, 2009, in Perryville, Mo.
He was born in Perry County, Mo., on Jan. 30, 1939, son of the late August and Paula Stelling Sticht Sr. He was married Aug. 15, 1970, to Mary A. Stueve Sticht, who survives in Altenburg.
Other survivors include a daughter and son-in-law, Melissa and Paul Hayden of Perryville; two sons and daughters-in-law, David and Jennifer Sticht and Kevin and Amanda Sticht, all of Altenburg; a brother and sister-in-law, Alvin and Lillie Sticht of Perryville; two sisters and a brother-in-law, Mildred Kleinheider of Frohna, Mo., and Thelma and Willis Haertling of Jackson; and seven grandchildren, Tyler, Thomas and Alex Hayden and Paula, Chance, Emily and Austin Sticht.
Mr. Sticht was a retired mechanic for Altenburg Hardwood and a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Altenburg.
He was preceded in death by his parents and an infant sister, Ruth.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday and 6:30 to 8:15 a.m. Tuesday at Young and Sons Chapel in Perryville.
Mr. Sticht will then be taken to Trinity Lutheran Church in Altenburg for a 10 a.m. service, with the Rev. Steven Dressler officiating.
Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to Immanuel Lutheran School in Perryville.