- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Police arrest driver who caused $26K in damage
FREMONT, Neb. -- Police say a woman arrested in Nebraska on suspicion of drunken driving hit fences, garages and a house as she left a $26,000 trail of damage.
Sgt. Ed Watts said the woman's car struck a fence while she was trying to turn into an alley Thursday night. He says the car next hit a utility pole and then a garage while trying to turn into it. Wyatt said the car then crossed a yard, rammed a fence and hit a house and garage.
Police said they arrested 58-year-old Janis Brown, who posted a $200 bond and was released from jail. Authorities say the woman's car also had about $5,000 in damages.
Attempts to reach Brown for comment Friday were unsuccessful. There is no public listing for her phone number.
Information from: Fremont Tribune, http://www.fremontneb.com