- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
Police arrest driver who caused $26K in damage
FREMONT, Neb. -- Police say a woman arrested in Nebraska on suspicion of drunken driving hit fences, garages and a house as she left a $26,000 trail of damage.
Sgt. Ed Watts said the woman's car struck a fence while she was trying to turn into an alley Thursday night. He says the car next hit a utility pole and then a garage while trying to turn into it. Wyatt said the car then crossed a yard, rammed a fence and hit a house and garage.
Police said they arrested 58-year-old Janis Brown, who posted a $200 bond and was released from jail. Authorities say the woman's car also had about $5,000 in damages.
Attempts to reach Brown for comment Friday were unsuccessful. There is no public listing for her phone number.
Information from: Fremont Tribune, http://www.fremontneb.com