- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Sikeston man pleads guilty to child porn charge
A Sikeston, Mo., man pleaded guilty Wednesday to one felony count of possession of child pornography, according to a news release from the acting federal prosecutor Michael W. Reap.
Danny Clayton White, 39, appeared Wednesday before U.S. District Judge Stephen N. Limbaugh Jr. in Cape Girardeau. White now faces a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and up to a $250,000 fine. Sentencing has been set for July 17.
White admitted to using a laptop to download child pornography between July 1 and Sept. 1.
Forensic analysis of the computer revealed that White possessed more than 600 image files of child pornography. Some of the images depicted children younger than 12.