- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MoDOT names current area road work projects
The Missouri Department of Transportation said in a news release that some roads and highways in Southeast Missouri will be closed or reduced for repairs.
* Route A in Scott County between County Road 234 and County Road 224 about a quarter-mile west of New Hamburg, will be closed beginning at 6:30 a.m. May 18 until mid-August.
The section of roadway will be closed while the contractor, Joe's Bridge and Grading, removes the existing structure and constructs the new bridge.
* Interstate 55 between Perry and Cape Girardeau counties will be reduced to one lane from 8 a.m. May 4 until 5 p.m. May 7. There will be a 16-foot width restriction while work crews do concrete repairs.
* Southbound traffic will be reduced to one lane from Highway 51 at Perryville to U.S. 61 at Fruitland at various locations.
* Northbound traffic will be reduced to one lane from U.S. 61 at Fruitland to the Ste. Genevieve County Line.
Drivers are urged to use caution when traveling through areas where road crews are working.