- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
MoDOT names current area road work projects
The Missouri Department of Transportation said in a news release that some roads and highways in Southeast Missouri will be closed or reduced for repairs.
* Route A in Scott County between County Road 234 and County Road 224 about a quarter-mile west of New Hamburg, will be closed beginning at 6:30 a.m. May 18 until mid-August.
The section of roadway will be closed while the contractor, Joe's Bridge and Grading, removes the existing structure and constructs the new bridge.
* Interstate 55 between Perry and Cape Girardeau counties will be reduced to one lane from 8 a.m. May 4 until 5 p.m. May 7. There will be a 16-foot width restriction while work crews do concrete repairs.
* Southbound traffic will be reduced to one lane from Highway 51 at Perryville to U.S. 61 at Fruitland at various locations.
* Northbound traffic will be reduced to one lane from U.S. 61 at Fruitland to the Ste. Genevieve County Line.
Drivers are urged to use caution when traveling through areas where road crews are working.