- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Colwell - Thompson
Alissa Anne Colwell and James Bradley Thompson were married Sept. 6, 2008, at Immaculate Conception Church. The Rev. John Harth performed the ceremony.
Parents of the couple are Sid and Helen Colwell of Fort Scott, Kan., and Brad and Paula Thompson of Jackson.
Maid of honor was Katrina Colwell and matron of honor was Jana Walker, both of Fort Scott and sisters of the bride. Bridesmaids were Jennifer Maevers of Altenburg, Mo., Andrea Wilkenson of Jackson, and Molly Burnett of Cape Girardeau.
Zack Huckstep of Jackson was best man. Groomsmen were Adam Meier and Kyle Maevers of Altenburg, Robert Holzum and Landon Bollinger of Jackson. Ushers were Josh Wills and Brad Berry of Jackson.
Flower girl was Olivia Walker, daughter of Shane and Jana Walker and niece of the bride. Ringbearer was Carter Gleason, son of Aaron and Brenda Gleason of St. Louis and cousin of the groom.
Kaitie Colley and Lacy Ruesler attended the guest book.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Sept. 5 at Port Cape.
Mrs. Thompson is a graduate of Fort Scott High School and Fort Scott Community College. She is employed by Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield.
The groom is a graduate of Jackson High School. He is employed by Standley Batch Systems.
The couple resides in Jackson.