- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Colwell - Thompson
Alissa Anne Colwell and James Bradley Thompson were married Sept. 6, 2008, at Immaculate Conception Church. The Rev. John Harth performed the ceremony.
Parents of the couple are Sid and Helen Colwell of Fort Scott, Kan., and Brad and Paula Thompson of Jackson.
Maid of honor was Katrina Colwell and matron of honor was Jana Walker, both of Fort Scott and sisters of the bride. Bridesmaids were Jennifer Maevers of Altenburg, Mo., Andrea Wilkenson of Jackson, and Molly Burnett of Cape Girardeau.
Zack Huckstep of Jackson was best man. Groomsmen were Adam Meier and Kyle Maevers of Altenburg, Robert Holzum and Landon Bollinger of Jackson. Ushers were Josh Wills and Brad Berry of Jackson.
Flower girl was Olivia Walker, daughter of Shane and Jana Walker and niece of the bride. Ringbearer was Carter Gleason, son of Aaron and Brenda Gleason of St. Louis and cousin of the groom.
Kaitie Colley and Lacy Ruesler attended the guest book.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Sept. 5 at Port Cape.
Mrs. Thompson is a graduate of Fort Scott High School and Fort Scott Community College. She is employed by Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield.
The groom is a graduate of Jackson High School. He is employed by Standley Batch Systems.
The couple resides in Jackson.