- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Education briefs 5/1/09
* Alexandria Birk of Saxony Lutheran High School won the 2009 8th Congressional District Art Contest. Birk and 10 other honorable mention students will have their artwork on display at the Black Door Gallery today from 5 to 8 p.m. There will be an awards ceremony at 6 p.m.
* The Hooked on Science television segment, which airs on WPSD Local 6, was recently recognized by the Missouri State Teachers Association for outstanding coverage of education.
* Christy Ruth Laxton of Scott City was recognized during Central Methodist University's Honors Convocation in Fayette, Mo. Laxton was accepted into the Sigma Epsilon Pi Senior Honorary Society and the Alpha Chi Honorary Society.
-- From staff reports