- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Laura Ann James, 44, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Dec. 31, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 22, 1960, at Cape Girardeau, daughter of Theodore Freirson and Bertha James.
James worked at Heartland Care and Rehab as a nurse's aid.
Survivors, all of Cape Girardeau, include her mother; seven sons, Ebay James, Zach James, Monroe Hicks, Mikell Abraham, Korey Abraham, Tyson Abraham, Keneen Abraham; a daughter, Monica Abraham; three brothers, Walter James, Jozell James, Shannon James; a sister, Monica James; and seven grandchildren.
Friends may call Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Johnny Thomas officiating. Burial will be in Fairmount Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.