- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Carol Page Blanton, 65, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Jan. 1, 2005, at her home.
She was born Dec. 25, 1939, in Sikeston, Mo., daughter of Lee and Mary Lucille Brewer Page. She and Harry A. Blanton were married on Feb. 4, 1959, at Sikeston.
Blanton worked for Quintiles Pharmaceuticals. In 1957, she graduated Sikeston High School and was the Cayenne of the Red Peppers in 1957. She attended the University of Missouri-Columbia, University of Arkansas, College of Mt. St. Joseph in Cincinnati.
She also was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Cape Girardeau. She was a member of the PEO Sisterhood and Legion of Mary at St. Francis Xavier.
Survivors include her husband; her mother of Sikeston; four sons and one daughter-in-law, Michael Blanton of Belleville, Ill., Christopher and Bridget Blanton of Temecula, Calif., Harry Blanton of Cincinnati, Ohio, and John Blanton of San Diego, Calif.; two daughters and sons-in-law, Laura and John Murphy of Burke, Va., Anne and David Cross of St. Charles, Mo.; a brother, David Page; and 11 grandchildren, Robert Francis Blanton, Rose Eleanor Blanton, Lee Page Blanton, Anna Rebecca Murphy, John Paul Murphy, Mary Margaret Murphy, Timothy James Murphy, William David Cross, Connor Augustine Cross, Caroline Adele Cross and Patrick Michael Russell.
Friends may call Tuesday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. The rosary will be at 6:30 p.m., with a vigil service at 7 p.m.
The funeral mass will be at St. Francis Xavier Church on Wednesday at 10 a.m. in Sikeston, with the Rev. Derek Swanson officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery in Sikeston.
Memorial funds are Shriner's Childrens Hospital, Saint Francis Medical Center, Southeast Hospice.