- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Leland Shivelbine, longtime Cape music lover, businessman, dies at 92 (6/25/18)
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- Poplar Bluff nail manufacturer gets hammered by new tariffs on steel (6/22/18)7
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stooges in Jackson under new ownership (6/23/18)
- Scott County Sheriff Wes Drury responds to issue involving deputy (6/23/18)2
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
RED HOUSE SEEKING ADDITIONAL DOCENTS FOR 2009 SEASON
THE RED HOUSE IS ALWAYS SEEKING NEW DOCENTS!
WANT TO BE A DOCENT AT THE RED HOUSE INTERPRETIVE CENTER IN DOWNTOWN CAPE GIRARDEAU, MISSOURI?
The Cape Girardeau, Missouri, Red House Interpretive Center is seeking additional docents! Attention local history buffs! On Saturdays and summer weekdays docents, in period dress, will welcome visitors to the Red House Interpretive Center, located on the Cape Girardeau riverfront. They learn all the stories about the Red House and tell them to visitors...it's history -- home of Cape Girardeau founder, Louis Lorimier and his family; the visit of Lewis and Clark in November of 1803; the construction of the Red House and style of architecture; how the new building was constructed by an army of volunteers in time for the 2003 National Lewis and Clark Expedition re-enactment; how the 250' mural of the Mississippi River as it may have looked in 1803 was created by a local artist, Margaret Dement; exhibits and history of the 1800 time frame; historical gardens surrounding the building; and much, much more.
The Red House is open Saturdays and weekdays, closed on Mondays. Hours vary.
MAY 2, 9, and 16: Saturdays 10a.m. -- 4p.m.
MAY 19 -- SEPTEMBER 6: Saturdays 10a.m. -- 5p.m. Tuesday -- Sunday 1-5PM (Closed Mondays)
SEPTEMBER 12 -- NOVEMBER 21: Saturdays 10a.m. -- 4p.m.
Special tours are scheduled by contacting the Convention and Visitors Bureau at 573-335-1631.
If this sounds interesting to you and you would like to be a dedicated docent please call 573 334-6954 for more information.