- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)20
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Driver killed in fiery weekend crash identified
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- A Poplar Bluff dentist confirmed Tuesday that a Broseley, Mo., man died in a weekend fiery crash on Highway 142.
Through the use of dental records, Dr. Michael Price positively identified the person killed early Saturday morning as Terry L. Ethridge II, 20, said Butler County Coroner Jim Akers.
Ethridge was killed in a one-vehicle crash at about 2 a.m. on Highway 142, just south of the Highway 158 intersection.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Ethridge was operating a 1998 Ford southbound and it ran off the roadway, struck a tree and caught fire.
Authorities were fairly certain Ethridge was the driver of the vehicle, but were waiting on Price to confirm their suspicions.