- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Speak Out 4/29/09
School bus stop sign
A family member is a school bus driver. We were talking about people not stopping for the school bus stop sign. My family member told me that this school year seven police officers have run the school bus stop sign, and the last one was on a cell phone. How nice of our police officers to break such an important law. What if it were your children getting off that bus and someone were to run the stop sign and hit them?
I am appalled at the picture of the scantily clad woman attending the Cape Comic Con. There are decent people who read the paper. Can a more appropriate picture be used?