- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)12
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Speak Out 4/29/09
School bus stop sign
A family member is a school bus driver. We were talking about people not stopping for the school bus stop sign. My family member told me that this school year seven police officers have run the school bus stop sign, and the last one was on a cell phone. How nice of our police officers to break such an important law. What if it were your children getting off that bus and someone were to run the stop sign and hit them?
I am appalled at the picture of the scantily clad woman attending the Cape Comic Con. There are decent people who read the paper. Can a more appropriate picture be used?