- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Volunteers speed snow removal
To the editor:
I want to thank the many friends, property owners and farmers who volunteered their time, equipment and fuel in assisting with snow removal during the recent storm. The efforts of these citizens allowed our crews to move from road to road more quickly. The large amount of snow and the deep drifts caused the work to take more time than usual. Without the volunteers, many additional hours would have been required.
Thanks for all the assistance and hard work. Driver carefully, and have a happy new year.
SCOTT BECHTOLD, Cape Girardeau County Highway Administrator, Jackson