- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)13
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)3
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
Volunteers speed snow removal
To the editor:
I want to thank the many friends, property owners and farmers who volunteered their time, equipment and fuel in assisting with snow removal during the recent storm. The efforts of these citizens allowed our crews to move from road to road more quickly. The large amount of snow and the deep drifts caused the work to take more time than usual. Without the volunteers, many additional hours would have been required.
Thanks for all the assistance and hard work. Driver carefully, and have a happy new year.
SCOTT BECHTOLD, Cape Girardeau County Highway Administrator, Jackson