- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Volunteers speed snow removal
To the editor:
I want to thank the many friends, property owners and farmers who volunteered their time, equipment and fuel in assisting with snow removal during the recent storm. The efforts of these citizens allowed our crews to move from road to road more quickly. The large amount of snow and the deep drifts caused the work to take more time than usual. Without the volunteers, many additional hours would have been required.
Thanks for all the assistance and hard work. Driver carefully, and have a happy new year.
SCOTT BECHTOLD, Cape Girardeau County Highway Administrator, Jackson