- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)6
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)2
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Volunteers speed snow removal
To the editor:
I want to thank the many friends, property owners and farmers who volunteered their time, equipment and fuel in assisting with snow removal during the recent storm. The efforts of these citizens allowed our crews to move from road to road more quickly. The large amount of snow and the deep drifts caused the work to take more time than usual. Without the volunteers, many additional hours would have been required.
Thanks for all the assistance and hard work. Driver carefully, and have a happy new year.
SCOTT BECHTOLD, Cape Girardeau County Highway Administrator, Jackson