- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
Volunteers speed snow removal
To the editor:
I want to thank the many friends, property owners and farmers who volunteered their time, equipment and fuel in assisting with snow removal during the recent storm. The efforts of these citizens allowed our crews to move from road to road more quickly. The large amount of snow and the deep drifts caused the work to take more time than usual. Without the volunteers, many additional hours would have been required.
Thanks for all the assistance and hard work. Driver carefully, and have a happy new year.
SCOTT BECHTOLD, Cape Girardeau County Highway Administrator, Jackson