- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- Cape man accused of secretly recording women, posting to porn site (11/22/17)
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Thankful People: Kirsten Strebe recovers from traumatic car accident, brain injury (11/23/17)
- Rep. Swan opposes effort to fire education commissioner (11/20/17)2
Southeast orchestra to perform in China
Thirty-five members of the Southeast Missouri Symphony Orchestra, mostly students at Southeast Missouri State University, will tour China for eight days starting May 23, a trip that promises to produce memories that will last a lifetime.
The musical journey will also be a cultural exchange for American students who will have opportunities to not only experience another culture, but also visit and play with Chinese musicians.
One stop, weather permitting, will feature a concert by the orchestra on the Great Wall. What an experience!
The trip was organized by Dr. Sarah Edgerton, the orchestra's artistic director, who performed in China during a sabbatical in 2007. She returned hoping she could find a way for students to have that opportunity and experience.
Music lovers will have an opportunity to hear a preview performance of the music the orchestra will be performing while in China. This concert is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. May 5 at the Bedell Performance Hall on the university's River Campus.
This story was corrected to reflect the correct date of the local performance.