- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Southeast orchestra to perform in China
Thirty-five members of the Southeast Missouri Symphony Orchestra, mostly students at Southeast Missouri State University, will tour China for eight days starting May 23, a trip that promises to produce memories that will last a lifetime.
The musical journey will also be a cultural exchange for American students who will have opportunities to not only experience another culture, but also visit and play with Chinese musicians.
One stop, weather permitting, will feature a concert by the orchestra on the Great Wall. What an experience!
The trip was organized by Dr. Sarah Edgerton, the orchestra's artistic director, who performed in China during a sabbatical in 2007. She returned hoping she could find a way for students to have that opportunity and experience.
Music lovers will have an opportunity to hear a preview performance of the music the orchestra will be performing while in China. This concert is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. May 5 at the Bedell Performance Hall on the university's River Campus.
This story was corrected to reflect the correct date of the local performance.