- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Southeast orchestra to perform in China
Thirty-five members of the Southeast Missouri Symphony Orchestra, mostly students at Southeast Missouri State University, will tour China for eight days starting May 23, a trip that promises to produce memories that will last a lifetime.
The musical journey will also be a cultural exchange for American students who will have opportunities to not only experience another culture, but also visit and play with Chinese musicians.
One stop, weather permitting, will feature a concert by the orchestra on the Great Wall. What an experience!
The trip was organized by Dr. Sarah Edgerton, the orchestra's artistic director, who performed in China during a sabbatical in 2007. She returned hoping she could find a way for students to have that opportunity and experience.
Music lovers will have an opportunity to hear a preview performance of the music the orchestra will be performing while in China. This concert is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. May 5 at the Bedell Performance Hall on the university's River Campus.
This story was corrected to reflect the correct date of the local performance.