- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
Southeast orchestra to perform in China
Thirty-five members of the Southeast Missouri Symphony Orchestra, mostly students at Southeast Missouri State University, will tour China for eight days starting May 23, a trip that promises to produce memories that will last a lifetime.
The musical journey will also be a cultural exchange for American students who will have opportunities to not only experience another culture, but also visit and play with Chinese musicians.
One stop, weather permitting, will feature a concert by the orchestra on the Great Wall. What an experience!
The trip was organized by Dr. Sarah Edgerton, the orchestra's artistic director, who performed in China during a sabbatical in 2007. She returned hoping she could find a way for students to have that opportunity and experience.
Music lovers will have an opportunity to hear a preview performance of the music the orchestra will be performing while in China. This concert is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. May 5 at the Bedell Performance Hall on the university's River Campus.
This story was corrected to reflect the correct date of the local performance.