- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Southeast orchestra to perform in China
Thirty-five members of the Southeast Missouri Symphony Orchestra, mostly students at Southeast Missouri State University, will tour China for eight days starting May 23, a trip that promises to produce memories that will last a lifetime.
The musical journey will also be a cultural exchange for American students who will have opportunities to not only experience another culture, but also visit and play with Chinese musicians.
One stop, weather permitting, will feature a concert by the orchestra on the Great Wall. What an experience!
The trip was organized by Dr. Sarah Edgerton, the orchestra's artistic director, who performed in China during a sabbatical in 2007. She returned hoping she could find a way for students to have that opportunity and experience.
Music lovers will have an opportunity to hear a preview performance of the music the orchestra will be performing while in China. This concert is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. May 5 at the Bedell Performance Hall on the university's River Campus.
This story was corrected to reflect the correct date of the local performance.