- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Sikeston police: Local robbery may be tied to one in Tenn.
SIKESTON, Mo. -- An early morning robbery that happened Wednesday may be linked to one in Tennessee.
The Sikeston Department of Public Safety was alerted to an armed robbery around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at Sally Beauty Supply, 1213 S. Main St.
According to DPS Captain Mark Crocker, the victim told officers she was approached by a man wearing a black fluffy coat. The man was carrying a handgun and forced her to open the door to the business and take him inside.
The man took an undisclosed amount of cash along with the victim's cell phone before fleeing the scene. The victim was not injured during the robbery.
As officers searched the area for the assailant, officers were advised to be on alert.
About an hour and half later in Dyersburg, Tenn., a similar robbery was reported. Authorities said the description of the assailant was the same, also they had a description of a vehicle possibly involved.
DPS is currently reviewing security tapes from the area businesses. Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 471-1500 or DPS at 471-6200. Tips can be made anonymously.