- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
James Hayes Sr.
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- James Ralph Hayes Sr., 78, of Chaffee, died Tuesday, April 21, 2009, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
He was born May 28, 1930, at Lone Oak, Ky., son of Burley and Alvertia Masters Hayes. He and Beverly Jean Parrott were married Nov. 9, 1957.
Hayes was a retired auto body worker and welder who worked for Hayes Auto Body of West Paducah, Ky. He served with the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include his wife; six sons, Jimmy Ray Hayes of Virginia, Richard Hayes of Michigan, Kenny Hayes of Metropolis, Ill., James Hayes, Jr., of Joppa Ill., Michael Hayes of Chaffee and Matthew Hayes of Sumner, Ill.; two daughters, Sandy Brown of Chaffee and Karla Pettett of Valparaiso, Ind.; a brother, William Humphrey of Paducah, Ky.; two sisters, Elaine Young of Lone Oak and Lona Hayes of Columbus, Ohio; 30 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, one brother and three grandchildren.
Friends may call from 10:30 a.m. to noon Friday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Friday at the Missouri Veteran's Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo. The Rev. Jack Owens will officiate. Burial will be in the Missouri Veteran's Cemetery in Bloomfield. The Missouri Honors Program will be in charge of the military rites.