- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
OLMSTED, Ill. -- Donald L. Hileman, 76, of Olmsted passed away Monday, April 20, 2009, on arrival at Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill.
He was born Oct. 18, 1932, in Olmsted, son of Forrest and Nettie Edwards Hileman.
Hileman retired as a maintenance worker with the Illinois Department of Transportation. He was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Mound City, Ill., Knights of Columbus in Cairo, Ill., and American Legion Post 178 in Villa Ridge, Ill. He was a former member of Pulaski County VFW Post 8891 in Mounds, Ill., and Pulaski/Alexander County Sportsman Club in Miller City.
He was a U.S. Air Force veteran.
Survivors include his wife, Margaret Ann Koonce Hileman; two sons, Mike (Gina) Hileman and David "Rock" Hileman of Olmsted; three grandsons, Bryant, Tyler and Andrew Hileman; two great-granddaughters, Kaylee and Ally Hileman; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a son, Ralph Eugene "Gene" Hileman, Sept. 2, 1985.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge. The Knights of Columbus service will be at 6:30 p.m., followed by recitation of the rosary.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Mary's Church in Mound City, with the Rev. John Agbasiere and Monsignor Bill McGhee officiating. Interment will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge, with military honors provided by Illinois Army National Guard Honors Detail and local area veterans.