- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)21
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
THEBES, Ill. -- Lois Kelley, 91, of Thebes died Tuesday, April 21, 2009, at Lifecare Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 31, 1918, in Elco, Ill., to Oscar and Nellie Mae Jackson Thompson. She married Harold McNelly on Feb. 15, 1934. She later married Orville Kelley on Oct. 4, 1953. He preceded her in death Oct. 22, 1992.
Kelley was pastor many years at Apostolic Pentecostal Church in Thebes. She operated a grocery store many years and had worked as a librarian. She loved to paint and was a great painter.
Survivors include a daughter, Jo (Luther) Smith of Thebes; two sons, Harold (Donna) McNelly of Thebes, J.C. (Mary) McNelly of Cape Girardeau; nine grandchildren; 28 great-grandchildren; 14 great-great-grandchildren; nieces; nephews; and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, two sons in infancy, three brothers and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jimmie Monahan officiating. Interment will be in Rose Hill Cemetery in Thebes.
To leave online condolences visit www.crainsonline.com.