- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape Girardeau County Historical Society to hold spring meeting
The Cape Girardeau County Historical Society will hold a spring meeting with a presentation by Cliff Manlove on his experiences as a fighter pilot in World War II. Manlove flew seven different types of planes in the war.
The event includes a barbecued pork steak meal at 5:30 p.m. Saturday at The Bridge, 326 S. High St. in Jackson.
Those planning to attend should RSVP to Roy Boren at 243-1225 or Dennis Hurst at 243-2148 to account for meal preparation.