- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MoDOT road work announced
The Missouri Department of Transportation has announced a series of spring projects. MoDOT urges drivers to use caution while driving through and around these work zones:n Interstate 55 in Cape Girardeau County will be reduced to one 16-foot lane for concrete repairs between U.S. 61 in Fruitland and Route KK in Old Appleton. The work starts at 7 a.m. today and will be complete around 5 p.m. Friday.
* Expect delays at Whitewater River overflow bridge on Route 34 near Burfordville as MoDOT crews make structural repairs. Work will continue through April 29. Traffic on the bridge, which is just east of the Routes OO and UU intersection and nearly five miles west of Highway 72, will be reduced to one 10-foot lane, with 24-hour signal-controlled traffic. An alternate route to Cape Girardeau is Route OO to Route Z to Route K.
* The traffic signal at Highway 74 and Silver Springs Road will be repaired between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. Thursday. Drivers can expect a single lane of traffic during the work.
Work zones will be marked with signs. For project details, call MoDOT's customer service center at 888-275-6636.