- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Marcy's Planet Shoes SHOE DRIVE
By: Robyn Jones
Marcy's Planet Shoes will be having shoe drive this weekend (April 24-26, 2009) to benefit Soles 4 Souls and Soles United.
Soles 4 Souls in a non-profit organization that provides shoes domestically to disaster relief victims, disadvantaged children, domestic abuse shelters and homeless shelters. They also provide footwear globally to orphanages, communities surrounded by landfills and to villages that do not have access to footwear. They coordinated relief efforts for the Asian Tsunami and Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, netting over 1 Million pairs donated for these disasters.
Soles United is an organization that recycles worn Crocs and creates new shoes for people in impoverished regions around the world.
Marcy's Planet Shoes is planning to donate over 100 pairs of shoes in their inventory to benefit this cause in addition to the shoes collected during the drive. They are also taking monetary donations during the drive.
From April 24th through the 26th we are asking everyone to bring in their gently worn shoes to donate to Soles 4 Souls and they will receive $10.00 off their purchase.
Bring in Crocs to be recycled and get $5.00 off a purchase of any new Croc.
On Saturday April 25th Kiss 93 will be there to broadcast live from the store. There will be giveaways and a drawing to win a $100.00 gift card.