- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Early morning fire in Cairo damages home
CAIRO, Ill. -- Firefighters spent nearly three hours battling an early morning house fire in Cairo, according to the Cairo Fire department.
The fire occurred around 3:25 a.m., in the 2200 block of Park Avenue.
Three residents were at home at the time the fire broke out, but all had safely gotten out by the time firefighters arrived, and there were no injuries.
The structure suffered about $10,000 worth of damage, estimated a firefighter who declined to give his name.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the state fire marshal.