- Updated: Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)2
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)5
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Floella Nations, 93, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Dec. 25, 2004, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born July 22, 1911, at East Prairie, Mo., daughter of Tom and Addie Mae Terry Wimp. She and Robert Lee Nations were married Aug. 20, 1937, in Osceola, Ark. He died April 24, 1981.
Nations was a teacher 11 years at Barnes Ridge, Mo. She was a partner and bookkeeper at Nations Brothers Auto Electric Co. She was a member of La Croix United Methodist Church, and a former volunteer at Cape Girardeau Senior Center.
Survivors include a son, Bob Nations of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Carolyn Nenninger of Saginaw, Texas; a sister, Almeda Crowe of Monroe, La.; eight grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from noon to service time Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Family members will officiate. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.