- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Religion calendar 4/18/09
Southern gospel quartet
First Baptist Church hosts Gold City.
When: 6 p.m. Sunday
Where: 551 N. Westwood Blvd., Poplar Bluff, Mo.
Kristin Schweain, former member of the Christian/pop group ZOEgirl and current associate pastor of music at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Jackson, presents a concert. A free-will offering will be collected to support upcoming St. Paul Lutheran Church mission trips to Guatemala and New Orleans.
When: 7 p.m. Sunday
Where: 223 W. Adams St., Jackson
First General Baptist Church holds "A Nite at the Drive-in." Ticket price includes the show and a full meal. Children 5 and younger attend free.
When: 5 and 7 p.m. Friday and April 25
Where: 1506 S. Farmington Road, Jackson
Orthodox Paschal Service
St. John the Theologian Orthodox Christian Church holds its first Holy Paschal to celebrate the resurrection of Christ.
When: 10 p.m. today, 11 a.m. Sunday
Where: 353 Christine St., Suite 1, Cape Girardeau
St. Paul Lutheran School hosts a breakfast to benefit its Guatemala mission team. The meal will include sausage, scrambled eggs, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, fruit and drinks. A free-will offering will be taken.
When: 7 a.m. to noon, Sunday
Where: 216 S. Russell St., Jackson
Darrell and Cathy Hobbs lead music. Cathy Hobbs will also preach during this special worship service at New Life Gospel Center.
When: 6:30 p.m. Sunday
Where: 401 Oak St., Scott City
The First Baptist Church of Cape Girardeau will celebrate the past, present and future with a tree-planting ceremony to mark the 175th anniversary of the church.
When: 6:15 p.m. Wednesday
Where: 1289 Lexington Ave.
Chicken and dumpling and ham dinner
The Delta Church of God of Prophecy hosts an all-you-can-eat chicken and dumpling and ham dinner. Children 5 and younger eat free.
When: 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Wilson Street, Delta
Grace United Methodist Church youths join others from around the world for a 30-hour famine.
When: Friday and April 25
Where: Broadway and Caruthers Avenue, Cape Girardeau
Wycliffe banquet reservations due by April 30
Free tickets must be reserved by April 30 for the May 7 Wycliffe Associates Banquet in Cape Girardeau. Call 243-8551 or 334-3827 to RSVP.
E-mail items for the religion calendar to reporter Brian Blackwell, firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit them to our online calendar at semissourian.com.