- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jesica Lori Calvert and Jonah Allen Woods were married July 10, 2004, at East Bonne Terre First Baptist Church in Bonne Terre, Mo. Randall Black performed the ceremony.
Lloyd and Anna Calvert of Jackson are parents of the bride. The groom is the son of Melba Johnston of Farmington, Mo., and James Woods of Apple Valley, Calif.
Matron of honor was Sarah Myers of Park Hills, Mo. Bridesmaids were Traci Wurst and Heather Davis of St. Louis, Stephanie Wybert and Katie Howell of Cape Girardeau, and Alexis Woods of Apple Valley, sister of the groom.
Nathaniel Woods of Apple Valley, brother of the groom, was best man. Groomsmen were Brad Johnston of Farmington, brother of the groom; Chris Myers of Park Hills, Joe Dumey of Sikeston, Mo., Daniel Guetterman and Jacob Hogan of Cape Girardeau. Ushers were Andrew and Mathew Stricklin of Desloge, Mo., cousins of the bride.
Miniature bride was McKayla Dumey of Sikeston. Miniature groom was Blake Bannister of Desloge, cousin of the groom.
Candlelighters were Erin Sutton of Desloge and Allison Woods of Apple Valley, sister of the groom.
Flower girl was Abigail Calvert of Desloge, niece of the bride.
Guest book attendants were Samantha Williams of Tavares, Fla., cousin of the bride, and Ashlynn Trudeau.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Desloge Eagles Lodge. Servers were Mary Coale of Desloge and Tabitha Dumey of Sikeston.
The rehearsal dinner was held July 9 at the church, hosted by the bride's parents, and the groom's mother and an aunt.
Mrs. Woods is a 1999 graduate of North County High School at Bonne Terre, and is pursuing a bachelor of science degree in nursing at Deaconess College of Nursing in St. Louis. She is a plebotomist at Forest Park Hospital, and a PCA in the Family Focused Care Unit at St. John's Mercy Medical Center in Creve Coeur, Mo.
The groom is a 1998 graduate of Central High School in Park Hills, and is a member of the U.S. Army Reserve. He is employed in loss prevention at Wal-Mart.
After a wedding trip to Las Vegas and Southern California, the couple is residing in Fenton, Mo.