- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Melissa Anne Thomas and Joel Shane Thomas exchanged vows Oct. 2, 2004, at Francine's Gardens. David Phillips performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Betty Williams of Marble Hill, Mo., and Bob Williams of Fredericktown, Mo. The groom is the son of Carolyn Thomas of East Cape Girardeau, Ill., and Joe Nehrt of Chester, Ill.
Matron of honor was LeAnna Hogan of Cape Girardeau. Bridesmaids were Heidi Adams and Amanda Chapman of Jackson.
Jacob Hogan of Cape Girardeau was best man. Groomsmen were Matthew and Josh Thomas, nephews of the groom.
Guest book attendants were Nila Borth and Jerri Schaefer, cousins of the groom.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Francine's. Servers were Valarie Johnson and Scottye Williams, sister-in-law of the bride.
The rehearsal dinner was held Oct. 1 at the home of Nila Borth.
Mrs. Thomas is a junior at Southeast Missouri State University, pursuing a degree in elementary education.
The groom is a senior customer service specialist in the children's department at J.C. Penney.
After a cruise to the Caribbean, the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.