- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Sarah Dawn Birkman and Tanner Carter Baggett were married Oct. 30, 2004, at First Baptist Church in Delta. Daniel Gene Baggett performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Kenneth and Evelyn Birkman of Advance, Mo. The groom is the son of Daniel and Cheryl Baggett of Delta.
Maid of honor was Kimberly Birkman of Chaffee, Mo., sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Diane Cardin of Delta and Beth Cowan of Walnut Grove, Mo.
Pete Carter of El Paso, Texas, great-uncle of the groom, was best man. Groomsmen were Matthew Henderson and Derek Helderman of Delta. Ushers were John Eck and Christopher Hinkle of Cape Girardeau.
Flower girl and ringbearer were Rachel and Ryan Birkman, children of Tim and Jamie Birkman of Delta and cousins of the bride. Rachel was escorted by Travis Hall, son of Joyce Hall of Chaffee.
Kacy and Kira Hall of Chaffee attended the guest book.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the church. Servers were Jaylynne Landon and Marilynne Penn of Abingdon, Ill., aunts of the groom.
The bride's family hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 29 at the church.
Mrs. Baggett is a 2001 graduate of Advance High School, and is pursuing a bachelor of arts degree in media studies at Southeast Missouri State University. She is a student assistant in the provost's office at Southeast.
The groom is a 2004 graduate of Delta High School. He is serving in the U.S. Marine Corps.
The couple is residing in Twentynine Palms, Calif.