- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
First General Baptist Church was the setting Sept. 18, 2004, for the wedding of Wendy Elizabeth Unsbee and Jason McKee. The Rev. Frank Bain performed the ceremony. Tracey Lohmeier and Mark and Lana Cook of Cape Girardeau were soloists. Violinist was Casey Cook.
Parents of the couple are Gregory and Brenda Unsbee, and Albert and Peggy McKee, all of Cape Girardeau.
Matron of honor was Jessica Richardson of Cape Girardeau. Bridesmaids were Kelly Guard, Stephanie Wessell, Jennifer Bradshaw, Shanna Wilson, all of Cape Girardeau, and Sarah Watson of Nashville, Tenn. Junior bride was Caroline Retter, daughter of Ken and Karen Retter of Cape Girardeau.
The groom chose his father as best man. Groomsmen were Chad Windisch and Heath Lucas of Cape Girardeau, Adam Baron, nephew of the groom; Luke Landgraf of Cape Girardeau, brother-in-law of the groom; and Jim Barker of Virginia. Junior groom was Christian Retter, son of Ken and Karen Retter. Ushers were David Crowe, brother-in-law of the groom; Shannon Mills, cousin of the bride; Chris Shaw, all of Cape Girardeau, and Randy Cole of Alabama.
Candlelighters were Lindsay and Lacey Landgraf of Cape Girardeau, nieces of the groom.
Flower girl was Alexis Richardson, daughter of Daniel and Jessica Richardson. Ringbearer was Carson Retter, son of Ken and Karen Retter.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Drury Lodge.
The groom's family hosted the rehearsal dinner Sept. 17 at the Cape Girardeau Country Club.
Mrs. McKee is employed at Crowe Orthodontics.
The groom is employed at Blattner Steel.
The couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.