- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
St. Paul Lutheran Church in Jackson was the setting May 22, 2004, for the wedding of Kimberly Dawn Carter and Cory Wayne Brotherton. The Rev. Robert Henrichs performed the ceremony. Organist was Jill Peters, and soloist was Steve Meier.
The bride is the daughter of Don and Judy Summers of Cape Girardeau and Bill and Ginger Carter of Beulaville, N.C. The groom is the son of Steve and Carolyn Brotherton of Millersville.
The bride was presented in marriage by her father and mother.
Maid of honor was Shana Evans of Florissant, Mo. Bridesmaids were Linsey Evans of Cape Girardeau, Michelle Amos and Amber Cook of Jackson. Junior bridesmaid was Katelyn Lovell of Morley, Mo., niece of the groom.
Chad Brotherton of Jackson was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Jimmy Lovell of Morley, brother-in-law of the groom; Bryant Carter of Gordonville, brother of the bride; and Tyler Hodge of Jackson. Junior groomsman was Aaron Lovell of Morley, nephew of the groom. Ushers were Dennis Nagel of Jackson and Guy Brown of Gordonville, uncles of the bride.
Candlelighters were Jordyn and Jessica Maddox of Bell City, Mo., nieces of the bride.
Flower girl was Katelyn Carter, daughter of Bryant and Michele Carter and niece of the bride. Ringbearer was Cameron Cauble, son of Curt and Valerie Cauble of Lynchburg, Va., cousin of the bride.
Guest book attendants were Kimberly Maddox of Bell City, stepsister of the bride, and Chasity Lovell of Morley, sister of the groom.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Deerfield Lodge. Servers were Denae and Danielle Nagel of Jackson and Valerie Cauble, cousins of the bride; and Kathy Mier of Jackson, aunt of the bride.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner May 21 at Deerfield.
Mrs. Brotherton is a 2000 graduate of Jackson High School, and a 2003 graduate of Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center. She is employed at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
The groom is a 1996 graduate of Jackson High School, and is attending Southeast Missouri State University. He is employed at Wal-Mart Supercenter in Jackson.
After a wedding trip to Cancun, Mexico, the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.