- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
THEBES, Ill. -- John Leon Howard, 81, of Thebes died Friday, Dec. 24, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Oct. 13, 1923, son of Jesse Lee and Ruby Mae Bryant Howard. He was a carpenter and electrician for Lawrence Ferrell Construction of Cape Girardeau. He had also worked for the Corps of Engineers.
He and Billie Walsh were married March 14, 1987, in Marble Hill, Mo. She died March 29, 1997.
Survivors include two sons, Jess Howard of Thebes, James Howard of Seymour, Ind.; a daughter, Nancy Wagers of Seymour; two stepsons, Richard and Michael Nance, both of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Robert Howard of Festus, Mo.; a sister, Helen Pilliard of Crystal City, Mo.; seven grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home. The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Stephen Pennington officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery