- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Francis "Frank" Henry Wubker, 88, of Marble Hill died Thursday, Dec. 23, 2004, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Dec. 3, 1916, at Leopold, Mo., son of Herman Bernard and Mary Cecilia Nenninger Wubker.
Wubker was a member of St. John's Catholic Church, VFW Post 5900 in Marble Hill, DAV in Cape Girardeau, was a former member of the board of directors of the Bollinger County Farm Bureau and a resident of the Missouri Veterans Home for the past nine years.
He served in the U.S. Army Medical Corps, earning three Bronze Stars for the campaigns of Ardennes, the Rhineland and Central Europe.
Survivors include two brothers, Sylvester Wubker of St. Peters, Mo., and Alphonse Wubker of Wentzville, Mo.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers and one sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill. Parish prayers will be at 5 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. John's Catholic Church in Leopold, with the Rev. Bill Huggins officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery with full military honors provided by the Missouri Military Honors Team.