- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)3
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)6
Letter right about GOP, farmers
To the editor:
Just an admiring word for the insight of Jennifer St.Clair in her Dec. 8 letter. She says it all in four sentences:
"The family farmer is an endangered breed. ... Farmers who think the Bush administration and the Republican Congress represent their interests and share their values should think again. In four years, fewer of you will remain, and those who struggle on will be even more endangered than they are now. To find politicians who are sympathetic to the needs of the farmer, you must look elsewhere than the GOP.
BILL D. BURLISON, Crofton, Md.