- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Letter right about GOP, farmers
To the editor:
Just an admiring word for the insight of Jennifer St.Clair in her Dec. 8 letter. She says it all in four sentences:
"The family farmer is an endangered breed. ... Farmers who think the Bush administration and the Republican Congress represent their interests and share their values should think again. In four years, fewer of you will remain, and those who struggle on will be even more endangered than they are now. To find politicians who are sympathetic to the needs of the farmer, you must look elsewhere than the GOP.
BILL D. BURLISON, Crofton, Md.