- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)22
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Letter right about GOP, farmers
To the editor:
Just an admiring word for the insight of Jennifer St.Clair in her Dec. 8 letter. She says it all in four sentences:
"The family farmer is an endangered breed. ... Farmers who think the Bush administration and the Republican Congress represent their interests and share their values should think again. In four years, fewer of you will remain, and those who struggle on will be even more endangered than they are now. To find politicians who are sympathetic to the needs of the farmer, you must look elsewhere than the GOP.
BILL D. BURLISON, Crofton, Md.