- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Teenager shoots Santa with pellet gun from window
SHAMOKIN, Pa. -- Santa definitely knew one boy was not nice this year.
A 17-year-old is accused of firing a pellet gun from a second-story window, hitting a man dressed as Santa Claus on Monday night. Police said the boy confessed.
Scott Slodysko, a volunteer fireman, was riding atop a fire truck when he heard a popping sound at an intersection.
"It felt like a bee stung me -- like a very bad bee sting."
Slodysko said he knew immediately that somebody with a pellet gun was to blame.
He described the wound as "a black-and-blue mark about the size of a silver dollar" and said the attack won't stop him from portraying Santa next year.
"We do this for the kids," Slodysko said. "I just can't believe someone would do something like that."