- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Museum to feature "Jerry Ford's 50 Years of Music"
The Cape River Heritage Museum will feature, Jerry Ford's 50 Years of Music, during its 2009 season. The exhibit will spotlight seven of the community organizations Ford has supported over the years. The museum opening will be Saturday, April 25 at 10:30 a.m. featuring The Jerry Ford Orchestra.
The museum will host "Saturday Mornings at the Museum," a program to be held the last Saturday of each month featuring Ford's various musical groups. The schedule includes the Salvation Army Tree of Lights May 30, Cape Girardeau Convention & Visitors Bureau Boat Dockings June 27, Cape Municipal Band July 25, Muscular Dystrophy/KFVS Telethons August 29, Illmo-Scott City Instrumental Music September 26, Jaycee Follies October 31, and SE Hospital's Sounds of the Seasons November 28. For more information phone 335-6459.