- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Bernice M. Winkler, 81, of Perryville died Friday, April 10, 2009, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
She was born April 1, 1928, in Perry County, Mo., daughter of Felix and Lora Roy Moore. She and Raymond D. Winkler were married Oct. 16, 1948, at Perryville. He died July 12, 1983.
Winkler worked at Perryville High School Commons. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include three sons, Dennis Winkler, Wayne Winkler, both of Perryville, Larry Winkler of St. Louis; three daughters, Susan Meyer, Jane Trapp, both of Perryville, Gail Winkler of Weingarten, Mo.; two sisters, Helen Welker of Kirkwood, Mo., Verna Agnew of Ballwin, Mo.; a brother, Hillard Moore of Bridgeton, Mo.; 12 grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. Parish prayers are at 5:30 p.m. Visitation continues from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. Tuesday; the rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. at the funeral home.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.