- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Patricia Y. Bendl, 89, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Dec. 23, 2004, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Oct. 12, 1915, in Dolgeville, N.Y., daughter of Fancher and Ann Horrocks Youker. She married John Bendl May 25, 1935 at Dolgeville. He died May 19, 1979.
She was a research librarian at the Henderson, N.C., public library, and volunteered at the River Heritage Museum.
Survivors include a son, William Bendl and a sister Hildegarde Bader, both of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, a sister and her parents.
There will be no visitation or funeral service.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.