- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Estella Glenn, 95, of Mounds died Saturday, April 11, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born June 16, 1913, at Tyler, Mo., daughter of Arthur and Cordelia Clark Henning.
Glenn was a member of the Shiloh Baptist Church in Villa Ridge and a member of the Telecom Pioneers in Denver. She was an Illinois Bell Telephone operator 26 years, retiring Sept. 9, 1967.
Survivors include a son, Earl Myhre of Mounds; two grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Glenn was preceded in death by her first husband and second husband.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Larry Miller officiating.
Interment will follow in Mound City National Cemetery in Mound City, Ill.