- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Meta Brueckner, 91, of St. Peters, Mo., formerly of Crosstown, Mo., died Thursday, Dec. 23, 2004, at the Breeze Park Nursing Home in St. Peters.
She was born Aug. 20, 1913, in Perry County, daughter of the late William and Hedwig Buettner Muench. She and Marvin H. Brueckner were married April 25, 1937. He preceded her in death on Aug. 15, 1999.
Brueckner was a member of the Zion Lutheran Church and the Ladies Aid and Quilting Club in Crosstown.
Survivors include two sons, Homer Brueckner of Frisco, Texas and Raymond Brueckner of St. Charles, Mo.; a daughter, Doris Brueckner of Sikeston; a sister, Thelma Schmidt of Altenburg, Mo.; six grandchildren and 14 great grandchildren.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Chapel in Perryville from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at 6:30 to 9:15 a.m. Monday.
Funeral will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Zion Lutheran Church in Crosstown. The Rev. Michael Miraz will officiate, with burial in the church cemetery.