- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Zettie Newman-Smith, 55, of Oak Ridge, Mo., died Wednesday, Dec. 22, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born April 16, 1949, at Manilla, Ark., daughter of Wilburn and Rose Keller Smith.
Smith worked at Southeast Hospital as a nurse assistant and the former Deal Nursing Home in Jackson.
Survivors include her mother of Oak Ridge; two daughters, Shauna Fann of Jackson, Paula Fann of Cape Girardeau; four brothers, Leo Smith of Tennessee, Donnie Smith of Frohna, Gary D. Smith of Fruitland, Bob Smith of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Brenda McClain of Oran; Patsy Smith of Cape Girardeau; two grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Old Salem Cemetery, near Millersville. The Rev. Charles Newell will officiate.
McCombs Funeral Home of Jackson is in charge of the arrangements.