- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Dale R. Schumacher, 58, of Evansville, Ind., formerly of Jackson died Sunday Dec. 19, 2004 at Deaconess Hospital in Evansville.
He was born Sept. 22, 1946, in Dayton, Ohio, son of Lloyd E. and Harriet Turner Schumacher.
Dale was confirmed at Pilgrim Lutheran Church in Santa Monica, Calif. He was a longtime resident of Jackson and had worked for years at Atlas Plastics and Resin Exchange in Cape Girardeau. He had been an active member of Cape Jaycees and Cape Chamber of Commerce.
Loving survivors include his mother, Harriet Schumacher of Jackson; two sons, Joshua and Jamie Schumacher of Jackson; and daughter, Brandi Schumacher of Phoenix, Ariz.; two sisters, Pat Vega of New York City and Kay Kimberling of Jackson.
He was preceded in death by his father; a son, Daric Schumacher, and a brother, Glenn Schumacher.
Friends may call Sunday, Dec. 26, between 1 and 2 p.m. at the McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral service will be Sunday at 2 p.m. at the funeral home with the Rev. Raymond McAfee officiating.
Burial will follow in Russell Heights cemetery.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to St. Paul Lutheran Church in Jackson.