- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Ralph J. Evers, 79, of Advance passed away Thursday, April 9, 2009, at Landmark Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born June 26, 1929, in St. Louis, son of John and Elizabeth McKenna Evers.
Ralph was a pharmacist and owned and operated Advance Pharmacy 27 years. He was a member of St. Andrew Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau. He was a benefactor for Southeast Missouri State University Theater Department and the Advance School Foundation.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean conflict.
Ralph was not just a store owner but a friend to everyone in the community of Advance.
Survivors include a son, Tom Evers of Toronto; a daughter, Catherine Evers of Branson, Mo.; a sister, Lois Rolf of St. Louis; two granddaughters, Grace and Maria Evers; and nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two sisters, Virginia Dutton and Ruth Scornack.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Morgan Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Paul Short and the Rev. Mark Martin officiating. Burial will be in Missouri State Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield, Mo., with full military honors.