- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
John W. Reece Sr., 81, of Cape Girardeau passed away Tuesday, April 7, 2009, at his home.
He was born Jan. 12, 1928, in Wichita, Kan., son of Floyd and Edna May Springer Reece. He and Dorothy J. Helten were married Feb. 27, 1946, at St. Joseph's Church in Wichita, and to this union two sons were born: John W. Jr. of Rolla, Mo., and Donald E. of Olathe, Kan.
John was an over-the-road truck driver 47 years with ABF. He was vice president of the former Teamsters Union 574, a member of St. Mary's Cathedral of Cape Girardeau, and had been a member of Knights of Columbus in Wichita.
Survivors include his wife, Dorothy J. of the home; and children, John W. (Deborah) and Donald E. (Margaret); five grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a sister and three brothers.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel. Parish prayers will be at 7, with Knights of Columbus rosary immediately following.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society or St. Mary's Cathedral Building Fund.