- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Roadwork to be performed in Southeast Missouri
City to smooth Southern Expressway
Cape Girardeau will begin a project Monday to smooth the surface of Southern Expressway between Kingshighway and Sprigg Street. Workers will be diamond-grinding the concrete surface, removing ridges and bumps that jar cars using the road. Flaggers will be in place to direct traffic around the worksite, and motorists should expect delays while using Southern Expressway. Workers will be present from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day and work should be completed by April 24, the city said in a news release.
Meeting set to discuss Route H bridge
The Missouri Department of Transportation will hold a public meeting from 4 to 6 p.m. April 23 at Kelly High School to discuss bridge improvements on Route H in Scott County. The meeting will be an open-house format with a discussion of the bridge over Blue Ditch. No formal presentation will be made. Work on the bridge was scheduled for 2010, but the project has been moved up and bids will be opened in June.
Route U to be closed for pipe replacement
Route U in Cape Girardeau County will be closed again from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday for Missouri Department of Transportation crews to complete work replacing a pipe beneath the road. The section of road that will be closed is between County Road 371 and County Road 381. The work zone will marked with signs.
I-55 reduced next week in Perry County
Northbound Interstate 55 next week in Perry County will be limited to a single lane of traffic with a 16-foot width restriction from the Cape Girardeau County line to the Ste. Genevieve County line. Missouri Department of Transportation crews will be doing concrete repairs and shoulder work each day beginning at 8 a.m. The highway is expected to be reopened to full traffic by 5 p.m. Friday.
I-55 reduced next week in Scott County
Southbound Interstate 55 next week in Scott County will be restricted to a single lane of traffic as Missouri Department of Transportation crews perform concrete repairs and shoulder work. The lane closure will be on the section of highway between Scott City and Benton. Work will begin each day at 6:30 a.m. MoDOT hopes to have the work finished by 5 p.m. Friday, weather permitting.
-- From staff reports