- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Ella Irene Smith, 90, of Sikeston died Wednesday, Dec. 22, 2004, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born Sept. 18, 1914, at Senath, Mo., daughter of Harve Franklin and Pearl Jenkins Campbell. She and Lige "Hawk" Smith were married Dec. 27, 1930. He died Feb. 19, 1976.
Formerly of Canalou, Mo., she was a member of Canalou Assembly of God Church.
Survivors include a son, Bob Smith of Wentzville, Mo.; three daughters, Betty Johnson of Sikeston, Genevieve Lathum of Eads, Tenn., Emily Moore of Sikeston; 13 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons, three brothers, two sisters and a granddaughter.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Mike Cartwright officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.