- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Shirley C. Hency, 71, of Jackson, formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Sunday, April 5, 2009, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born May 21, 1937, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Burt Charles and Frankie Christine Cook Palmer. She and Collie Neal Hency were married July 9, 1955, in Cape Girardeau. He died March 31, 2000.
Hency was a childcare provider out of her home.
Survivors include two sons, Randy Hency of Jackson, Richard Hency of Cape Girardeau; five daughters, Robin Kindle of Sikeston, Mo., Ronda Stroder, Crystal Hency and Nicole Hency, all of Jackson, Renea Francis of Fredericktown, Mo.; two brothers, David Palmer of Illinois, Jim Palmer of Jackson; three sisters, Janet Beard of Tennessee, Patsy Roth of California, Marilyn Enlow of Illinois; 14 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, five brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Matthews officiating.