- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mary Alice Eakin, 88, of Jackson, formerly of Bell City, Mo., passed away Sunday, April 5, 2009, at Jackson Manor.
She was born May 27, 1920, in Tacoma, Wash., daughter of Marion and Julia Carey Reed.
Eakin owned and operated Bell City Fabric Shop 10 years. In her early years she loved designing and making clothes for herself and her family. In her later years she loved oil painting landscapes and flowers.
She was a member of the United Methodist Church in Bell City and Order of Eastern Star.
Mary Alice and Othel Eakin were united in marriage May 5, 1937, in Russellville, Ark. He preceded her in death March 28, 1973.
Survivors include three sons, Jim (Michelle) Eakin of Cape Girardeau, Max (Linda) Eakin of Glen Carbon, Ill., Terry Eakin of St. Louis; two daughters, Betty Rampley of Jackson, Sandra (Bob) Benefield of McClure, Ill.; six grandsons; Kelley Rampley, Keith Rampley, Chris (Heather) Eakin, David (Heather) Benefield, Robbie Eakin and Casey Eakin; three granddaughters, Kathy (Tom) Hecht, LaDonna (Mark) Statler, Lori (Paul) Nesslein, five great-grandsons, Steve Rampley, Ray Hecht, Tyler Eakin, Mason Nesslein and Zane Benefield; five great-granddaughters, Rene Meyer, Lea Hecht, Kaylee Eakin, Krisman Eakin and Brynn Nesslein; and a sister, Florence Anderson of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents and a daughter, Cleo Eakin.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance, Mo.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Gravel Hill Cemetery near Bell City.