- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)9
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
Cape Girardeau Hosts Second DREAM Initiative Open House
Cape Girardeau, MO -- Old Town Cape, the City of Cape Girardeau, and the Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce are hosting a second Open House for the DREAM (Downtown Revitalization and Economic Assistance for Missouri) Initiative. The Open House, to be held on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 6:30 p.m. in the Convocation Center located at Southeast Missouri State University's River Campus, is an opportunity for the public to give input on major recommendations and proposed projects identified through the Dream Initiative.
Representatives from Cape Girardeau's local DREAM partner organizations will be available to discuss the major findings and proposed recommendations and projects being suggested through this process. Additionally, representatives from PGAV, the urban planning firm working with all the DREAM communities, will be in attendance.
This Open House is a follow-up to an event held in November updating citizens about the Initiative's progress to that point. The Open House on April 14th will present the major findings of the various research projects completed and provide an opportunity for public input.
The event is free and open to the public. It is a way for residents to actively participate in this important strategic planning process. Input, suggestions and recommendations from the public will be utilized as the downtown strategic plan is finalized.
For information about the Open House or the DREAM Initiative, call Old Town Cape at (573) 334-8085