- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Merlin F. Guyot, 87, of Perryville died Sunday, Dec. 19, 2004, at Perry County Nursing Home.
He was born Sept. 8, 1917, in Perry County, son of Joseph Henry and Helena Hoffman Guyot. He and Bonnie A. Murray were married Aug. 21, 1943, in St. Louis.
Guyot was owner/manager of Guyot Lumber 58 years. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, American Legion Post 133, Holy Name Society, 4th Degree member of Knights of Columbus, retired member of Perryville Industrial Development, past president of St. Vincent Alumni Association and Chamber of Commerce.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, David Guyot of Overland Park, Kan., James and Richard Guyot of Perryville; a daughter, Mary Guyot of Wentzville, Mo.; two sisters, Alberta Hill of DeMoines, Iowa, Rita Balsman of Perryville; and nine grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. Parish prayers with Knights of Columbus will be at 7. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Thursday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery, with military graveside rites by American Legion Post 133.